THE RIVIERA MAYA
The Riviera Maya is a touristic Mexican destination, with everything naturally included when I said everything it means everything. Such as pyramids, cenotes, great & amazing sea life, beautiful and turquoise clear waters, we have even jungle.
Can you imagine this Paradise?
It extends from 36 kilometers south of Cancun and ends in the town known as Punta Allen in the south of Quintana Roo.
Did you know that it was originally called the “Cancun-Tulum corridor” but in 1999 it was renamed it to Riviera Maya?
The amazing coral reef is the second largest barrier reef system in the world. Having varieties of species and colors that you can’t imagine, it is another planet down there. The extension of this coral reef goes from the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef (also known as Belize Barrier Reef). It continues along the whole length of the Riviera Maya continuing to Guatemala.
It is also famous for its large extension of all-inclusive resorts, boutique hotels, and many fine-dining restaurants. You can find all kinds of restaurants for all the tastes, I really recommend you try Mexican food. But, be careful with habanero chili, it is very very hot. Among this, all of this extension is close to the beautiful and turquoise beaches.
I will mention some of the most important parts that you should visit at the Riviera:
- Cozumel, the most beautiful island in the Caribbean, surrounded by nature and crystalline waters.
- Puerto Morelos, located between the touristic part of Cancun and Playa del Carmen maintaining their original fishing village character.
- Playa del Carmen is located along the Caribbean coast of the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by beaches and reefs, it has several restaurants, shops, and nightclubs.
- Xcaret was an important city for the commerce of the Mayan culture, nowadays it is an ecological theme park. Making programs for flora & fauna conservation. You can snorkel in reef structures in their natural habitat. It shows the most representative natural and cultural aspects of Mexico.
- Xel-Há, it is known as the natural aquarium, in Maya, means water entrance.
- Puerto Aventuras is a private and residential development located in Solidaridad.
One of the most interesting city for me is Tulum, here you will find out why:
Tulum has the most amazing and interesting views. The Mayans were very clever constructing the pyramids with an incredible ocean view.
As well the Riviera Maya is home to one of the most beautiful gifts of nature: the cenotes. You can visit the largest cenote in the world “Nojoch Nah Chich”, in Maya it means a giant birdhouse. It is perfect for you to dive and discover the underwater wonders. Be aware because cenotes are pretty cold. Because of the warm weather I recommend to refresh yourself and to bring a change of clothes when you finish your cenote adventure.
NOJOCH NAH CHICH
If you are going to visit the Riviera Maya don’t forget to bring a swimsuit, all the activities include water and you definitely will jump in to enjoy and refresh because of the warm weather.
To get there, you can use different transportation, you can go by plane, by car, also you can rent a yacht or a boat to discover the beautiful and unique Riviera.
If you want to visit the most incredible island of Quintana Roo & at the Riviera Maya come to Cozumel is an amazing island. I think it is a must to visit Cozumel. The better way to explore and discover this wonderful island is by boat delight with their beautiful landscapes & colors.
In conclusion, the Mexican Caribbean is amazing to come & visit Quintana Roo, you will not regret it!