If you are staying in one of the most beautiful places in the world. The little paradise of Cozumel island & will give you the top 5 activities for you to do and enjoy even more your experience.
So you should be prepared and bring the most suitable wear because most of the activities are in the water. Also, I highly recommend bringing long sleeve t-shirts for you to avoid the use of sunblock because the sunblock damages the beautiful reefs & also for you to be protected from a sunburn OUCH it hurts.
Here you will find for me the top 5 of things to do in Cozumel:
- Definitely, for me the TOP ONE activity is to rent a private boat, you will be amazed by how the water changes their blue while you are sailing through the island, you will enjoy incredible views and the most impressive underwater world. Snorkeling & swimming the best reefs of the island such as Palancar and Colombia.
- My number one will be El Cielo. It is a shallow beach with sandbars that let you be stand up with the water to your waist. It has calm and turquoise waters, the only way to go there is by boat. Unfortunately, & because of reasonable situations, we need to preserve this AMAZING place the authorities decided to close this beautiful part. So if you come to Cozumel just to visit el Cielo, don´t worry and do not feel disappointed. We still have GREAT places with the same characteristics.
- Passion Island is at the North of the island and it is a private island. You can arrive there only by boat. The best season of the year to visit Pasion island is May & April, not that warm a little bit windy but with amazing crystalline waters. At your arrival, you will find amazing crystalline water and for me, this island is as beautiful as El Cielo. So even if you are not able to visit El Cielo. You will still have heaven on earth at Isla Pasion.
- The Cabana Chankanaab, if your plan is different and you just want to relax and enjoy a day on the beach drinking a refreshing cocktail, fresh food, and you want privacy in this place you will have all of this because you will be able to have a cabana just for you for one day, it is a really nice and calm beach club, I think it’s great for you to have a perfect day with family, friends and your loved one.
- Punta Sur WOW, this place is a natural swimming pool. It is far from the main town but you should definitely give it a try. If you are an aquatic person and you love to swim without waves and movement this is the place. It is a really good place for families with kids because it has a really nice sand area and long extension for you and your kids run through the beach. The only thing is that you have to pay in cash and for me, the prices are a little bit expensive. But you should definitely have to go once in your life. To arrive you have to rent a car o a motorcycle because of the long distance. It is an eco-park and you have to pay some fees for the entrance. You will find several spots to make a pause and just enjoy that you are surrounded by nature. In one of the spots, you will see the natural lagoon and if you are lucky you will find crocodiles.
Lighthouse at Punta Sur
One of the best views for me on the island is in the lighthouse at Punta Sur. It will be one of the spots I mentioned before. The lighthouse is called Celarain, it was built to warn ships passing at nigh. A family before the 1980s watched and lived at the lighthouse for years, in my opinion, they lived with the most amazing view.
To get to the top you will have to scale 127 steps, but it really worth it! It has a 360º view, and you will be able to see on one side the lagoon and in the other the beautiful open sea. Nowadays the house is renovated and is a museum. Please be aware that you will not be able to swim in this water, it is an open sea and the waves are very strong. Just drive a little farther and you will arrive at one of the most beautiful and calm beaches of Cozumel. You will find two beach clubs Anémona de Mar & Punta Sur Eco Beach Park, they have different styles, but for sure you should stay in one of them, to enjoy the rest of your day, you will be able to rent snorkel gear and different products to have fun in the water.
So now that you know my Top 5, let me know your thoughts…